Friday, February 25, 2011

Player Profile: Joey McCarthy

HOMETOWN: West Roxbury, MA

HIGH SCHOOL:
Catholic Memorial

IN HIGH SCHOOL: I was very social, very involved athletically, and I was the jokester.

HEARD ABOUT BA: My dad found out about it and suggested I apply.

GOALS AT BA: I want to end with a GPA above a 3.5 and get into a good school where I can continue playing baseball.

BA IS DIFFERENT THAN HIGH SCHOOL: I made the choice to come here and do well to make a difference for myself.

BEST THING ABOUT BA: Cleaves

WORST THING ABOUT BA: The food.

ACTIVITIES AT BA: Baseball, football, pickup hockey and basketball, lifting

OUTSIDE OF BA: I love boxing

ROLE MODEL: My dad

FAVORITE BOOK: The Great Gatsby- F. Scott Fitzgerald

FAVORITE MOVIES: The Town, The Departed, Gone Baby Gone, Never Back Down, Summer Catch, The Fighter

FAVORITE SPORTS TEAM: The Boston Bruins

FAVORITE ATHLETE: Sidney Crosby and Carl Crawford

FAVORITE MUSIC: Country and some rap

FAVORITE MEAL: Chicken Parmesean

FAVORITE QUOTE:

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

-Irish Blessing

MY FRIENDS WOULD BE SURPRISED TO KNOW: I am supposed to wear glasses.

BA PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS SHOULD KNOW: Don’t come in with a bad attitude.

No comments: