Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christian LaVoie Verbally Commits To UMass Lowell















Christian LaVoie (Hopkinton, MA) was the second Wolverine from the baseball team to verbally commit this year. LaVoie has decided to attend The University of Massachusetts Lowell next year where he will be a member of the River Hawks baseball team. When he was asked about UMass Lowell, LaVoie stated, “academically it’s a great school, they have a great baseball program, I was very impressed with athletic facilities, and it’s close to home. The school has a mix of qualities that led me to my decision. I’m very excited about the fall and I was honestly surprised that I know where I am going to college this early in the year.”

Coach Izaryk is excited about LaVoie’s choice and had a few thoughts on the news. "Christian's decision to verbally commit to Coach Harring and UMass-Lowell is one that we're very excited about. Christian has worked very hard in the classroom, on the field and in the weight room to give himself the opportunity to play college baseball. Christian's hard work is a reflection of his tremendous character, and I'm confident that he'll be a productive member of the River Hawk baseball program, both on and off the field," commented Izaryk.





No comments: