Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sean W. Getman


What is your hometown?
Oneonta, NY.

Where did you go to High School?
Oneonta High School.

Previous Team (If different than high school):
The Oneonta Yellow Jackets.

How did you hear about BA?
My dad found it on the internet.

What are your goals at BA?
To get in to a good four-year college.

Where are you looking for college?
I’m going to Rhode Island College in Providence, RI.

Is BA different than your high school?  If so, how?
Yes.  It’s structured differently and the teachers will always help you along the way.  On top of this, the athletics and academics are much more competitive.

What is the best thing about BA?
Definitely being able to meet a new group of great people.

What is the worst thing about BA?
It isn’t within walking distance of downtown Bridgton.

What activities do you take part in at BA?
Experiences:
Disk golf
Candlepin bowling
Crossfit Training

What activities do you take part in outside of BA?  Hobbies?
I really like lifting weights.

Who is your role model?
Both of my parents.

What is your favorite book?
A Long Way Gone, by Ishmael Beah.

What is your favorite movie?
The Town.

What is your favorite type of music?
Anything that I hear on Pandora, but mostly country.

Who is your favorite band / musician?
I don’t have one.

What is your favorite sports team?
Boston Red Sox.

Who is your favorite athlete?
Nomar Garcia Parra.

What is your favorite meal?
Anything but seafood.

What is your favorite quote and who said it?
“I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning.  I think about it all day and I dream about it at night.  The only time I don’t think about it is when I’m playing it.”
- Carl Yastrzemski

What would you like prospective BA students to know?
It’s a long, but short year.  The winters are cold, the days get shorter.  Before you know it, though, it’ll be spring and you’ll be leaving!

No comments: