Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Player Profile: Walker O'Connor


HOMETOWN: Bedford MA

HIGH SCHOOL: Malden Catholic High School

IN HIGH SCHOOL: I was a decent student and worked hard when it mattered. I had a slow start, but finished strong my senior year.

HEARD ABOUT BA: My high school baseball coach and some family friends mentioned it

GOALS AT BA: To improve my SAT scores and develop as not only a baseball player, but a person as well

BA IS DIFFERENT THAN HIGH SCHOOL: It’s a boarding school, there are small class sizes, and it’s more of a family type atmosphere which is nice

BEST THING ABOUT BA: The faculty and staff are here to help you

WORST THING ABOUT BA: Walking up and down the hill everyday

ACTIVITIES AT BA: Baseball, tour guide, writing club, media productions

OUTSIDE OF BA: I spend most of my free time playing baseball

ROLE MODEL: My mom

FAVORITE BOOK: Friday Night Lights by H.G. Bissinger

FAVORITE MOVIES: Dumb and Dumber

FAVORITE SPORTS TEAM: The New England Patriots

FAVORITE ATHLETE: Tom Brady

FAVORITE MUSIC: I love all music

FAVORITE MEAL: Thanksgiving Dinner

FAVORITE QUOTE: “You gotta risk it for a biscuit”

MY FRIENDS WOULD BE SURPRISED TO KNOW: I’m a good dancer

BA PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS SHOULD KNOW: Take advantage of every opportunity; the year will go by fast so don’t miss out on anything

Click here to see Walker on the baseball roster!

No comments: