Monday, May 9, 2011

Shawn Kenney Commits to USM









Shawn Kenney (Braintree, MA) had an outstanding year at Bridgton Academy as a star member of both the ice hockey and baseball team. He has recently committed to the University of Southern Maine where he will be a two sport Husky.

Shawn could not be happier with his choice calling it “an opportunity to play two sports which I never thought I would have.” He continued saying, “everything about the school clicked for me. I am going to play the two sports I love, while receiving a quality education at the same time.”

Coach Izaryk sees the potential in Shawn saying, "Shawn is a winner in every sense of the word. He's a national champion hockey player here at BA, and has been a huge contributor on the baseball field to our success this spring. He plays the game with poise and intensity, which will serve him well in the very competitive Little East Conference. I am very excited to send Shawn to USM and Coach Flaherty, I think his speed, defense and table-setting ability at the plate will give him a chance to contribute right away."

No comments: