Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sean Mullen Commits to Merrimack

















Sean Mullen (Barnstable, MA) has joined the ranks of committed Wolverine this past week. Next year Sean will be attending Merrimack College as a member of the Warriors Baseball team.


When asked how he felt about this big choice, Sean responded, "Im very excited and relieved that the decision is over. I am also happy that I have an opportunity to play Division II collegiate baseball next year. Out of high school I had no options. BA really opened up the door for me and I am grateful for that."


When we continued talking Sean mentioned that as excited as he is to play baseball, it wasn't the deciding factor. "To be honest it was all about the school. When I visited it was the perfect fit. The school offers great academics, and I will be able to explore more than just baseball. When I graduate I will have a well rounded college career that is only made better by the fact that I can play baseball," Sean said.


Coach Izaryk is very happy with Sean's decision saying, "Sean's commitment to Merrimack is very exciting for our program. Sean has worked tirelessly to improve himself as a player and student-athlete, and we're very proud of him. His offer of admission to Merrimack, as well as his commitment from the baseball program, are both well-deserved. I think Sean will be challenged by the academics at Merrimack, as well as Coach Martin's baseball program, but Sean has proven time and again that he is a competitor and I am confident that Sean will make the most of his opportunities at Merrimack. "

No comments: